Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
We had about a bunch of king crab left over and my hubby wanted me to make crab cakes with it. I'd never made them before so I did some research. This recipe is a combination of a few different ones - but came out GREAT! He was VERY happy and it is now going to be a repeat recipe! Hope you enjoy it too!
- Sort through crab and discard any bits of shell. Press out moisture with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine celery, minced chives, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, and Old Bay; mix well with a fork.
- Add crab and 1/4 cup panko; stir gently just to mix.
- Put in fridge for 1/2 an hour or more if time permits.
- Put remaining panko in a shallow bowl.
- Shape crab mixture into about 6 cakes about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Place each cake in panko to coat on each side - place on baking stone or dish and reform into shape. Should be sort of flat across - about a 1/2 inch thick - and formed around the edges.
- Bake in a 475°F regular or convection oven until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- With a spatula, transfer crab cakes to a platter. Add any sauce you want - but they turned out great without any sauce.