2 hrs 10 mins
I was in a bit of tropical mood, but we don't like our chicken sweet, so I created this recipe, and it was a huge hit!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasting chicken, cut into eighths
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained well, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained well
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives (optional)
- 1In a bowl, combine pineapple juice with the oil, white wine, soy sauce and dijon mustard, and mix well.
- 2Lay the chicken pieces in a large oven-proof dish (I love the aluminum disposable pans) and top with the pineapple chunks, diced onion, sliced mushrooms, red bell pepper, and green olives (if using). The green olives, although are optional, go together really well with the pineapple and provide a wonderful contrast.
- 3Top with the pineapple juice mixture, and cover with aluminum foil.
- 4Bake in a preheated 450 degree F (230 deg C) oven for 1 hour, then reduce to 400 deg F (200 deg C) and Bake for an additional 1-1.5 hours, or until chicken is done (cooking time will depend on strength of your oven). Turning the chicken over once through cooking will ensure that the chicken absorbs the flavor of the sauce.
- 5When chicken is done, remove the foil and turn the broiler on for 5 min to crisp it up.
- 6Optional: You can reduce some of the sauce in a pan and pour that over the chicken when serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken With Pineapples and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 175.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g