Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe on a yellowed paper, my writing, probably 35 years old. It looks good so I probably cooked it or made it or I would not have saved it.I have updated a little.
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 14.79 ml mccormick all seasoning salt
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml milk
- 59.14 ml chopped celery
- 59.14 ml whole almond, then chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped onion (optional)
- 2.46 ml parsley flakes or 2.46 ml cilantro
- 2.46 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 59.14 ml raw rice
- 0.5 ml turmeric
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat Oven 350*.
- Spray Pam in a roaster or 2 quart casserole.
- In mixing bowl, blend in milk,cream cheese, celery, almonds,onion, cilantro, chicken granules and rice and turmeric.
- Wash and dry the bird, and stuff the cavity with the vegetable rice dressing.
- Sew the cavity shut or use foil to close the opening. Better to sew shut. If there is a flap of skin by the hole in front, you can fill the front also and sew shut.
- Rub All Seasoning all over the chicken.
- Place breast side up.
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Baste with meat juice in the roaster.
- Then cook 20 more minutes.
- Serve with cold diced tomatoes.