Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for dinner parties or church pitch-in dinners. This recipe needs to be refrigerated overnight before baking.
- 6 large chicken breasts (12 pieces)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 3⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
- Remove skin from chicken breasts and wipe well with damp paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, celery salt, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to sour cream mixture, coating each piece well.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Remove chicken from sour cream mixture and coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Arrange in single layer in large, shallow baking pan.
- Melt butter and shortening and spoon half over chicken.
- Bake at 350*, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Spoon rest of butter mixture over chicken.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until chicken is tender and nicely browned.
This was really good.I was worried it would be too salty,but it wasn't.The chicken was very moist.
Absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe
Thia was tasty enough, but nothing special. I would not make it again, simply b/c of the overnight marinate....... If I am going to do something that takes extra time it has to be really great and this was just OK.