Chicken Breasts With Caramelized Onion Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 chicken breasts, skin on bone in (or off)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 cup sour cream
- Dry chicken well.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil and brown the chicken.
- Remove chicken and saute onions until almost caramelized, stirring occasionally, then add mushrooms and cook 3-4 minutes more.
- Add wine, Tarragon, season again with salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until done.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a warm platter.
- Boil pan juices 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool a few minutes.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.
- *Do not allow the sauce to boil.
- Pour sauce over chicken, top with sliced green onions and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation