Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
An old family recipe. I haven't tried it in awhile, but it is a good "make ahead" when you have a house full of company.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
My last selection for the Pick Your Chef thingy. This was wonderful also. Very rich, creamy and had a smooth texture. Kind of like a carrot souffle recipe that I have tried before. The breadcrumb-parmesan cheese topping was crisp and very yummy. I served it with roast chicken and steamed broccoli. Deeeelish. Thanks Martha, for all your wonderful recipes. I am so glad that I picked you.
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate onions and carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and 1 cup of the bread crumbs.
- Heat milk to boiling point; pour over slightly beaten eggs, beating so eggs won't cook.
- Add to carrot breadcrumb mixture.
- Spoon mixture into into buttered baking dish.
- Mix the remainder of breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley together.
- Sprinkle on top of carrot mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.