Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Makes a great lunch for friends but beware this aint no slimmers dish...
For the salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
For the Pastry (feuilletees)
- 500 g ready made puff pastry
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 250 g fresh broad beans, shelled
- 100 g runner beans, trimmed and sliced on diagonal
- 150 g fine green beans, trimmed
- 75 g snow peas, trimmed (mangetout)
- 200 g brie cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Place all ingredients for the salsa verde in a processor and roughly chop - chill until needed.
- Cut the pastry into 4 and roll each into a 12 x 10 cm square. push up the edges using the knife to create a dish shape. Place on a baking tray on a baking sheet and bake for 15 mins until golden.
- Melt the butter and gently fry th eonion for 8 minutes.
- Boil the broad beans for 4 mins and then plunge in cold water and remove the papery skins.
- Boil the runner and fine beans for 4 mins adding the mangetout after 2 minutes.
- Drain all the beans and toss with the onion mixture.
- Place the pastry cases on warmed plates and top with brie followed by the bean mixture.
- Serve with the salse verde and if desired some creme fraiche.