Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
You may reduce or increase the amount of hot dogs if desired, I also like to add in some cayenne pepper, 3/4 cup of brown sugar will produce a sweet taste you may if you prefer a less sweeter taste then use 1/2 cup or adjust the amount to taste.
- 5 slices uncooked thick bacon, diced (can use more)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced tomato (do not use the juice)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 large hot dogs, chopped (preferably a good brand of beef hot dogs)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.In a large bowl.
- In a skillet cook the bacon with onions until evenly browned.
- Add in garlic and cook stirring for 2 minutes; drain and place into a large bowl.
- Add in the 2 cans baked beans, molasses, prepared yellow mustard, dry mustard powder, seasoned salt, tomatoes and brown sugar (start with 1/2 cup and add in more to taste) mix well to combine.
- Mix in the hot dogs.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.