Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
A wonderful toast to enjoy at brunch or breakfast or as a snack or light dinner accompanied by soup. Enjoy! Note: If you omit cheese, then this becomes a vegan snack. Personally, I prefer this without cheese.
Top Review by kennedyfish
This was an easy way to get your protein! I enjoyed the recipe - made it using Maple Onion Baked Beans I made from scratch. My kids thought I was crazy to eat my beans liike this!
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vegetarian baked beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat until hot.
- Add green chilli and onions.
- Saute till the onions turn light brown.
- Add all the veggies, red chilli powder and baked beans. Mix well.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- In your toaster in the meantime, toast the bread until it turns brown or as toasted as you would like it.
- Remove the beans mixture from heat.
- Spread it on the bread slice.
- Garnish with parsley and grated cheese.
- Serve hot.