Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dates back to colonial Massachusetts. Served open-faced; makes a warm, cozy, comforting meal.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 thick slices boston brown bread (can substitute pumpernickel or whole wheat)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup boston-style baked beans, heated (just eyeball it)
- Butter one side of both slices of bread; set bread slices, buttered-side up, on plate.
- Pour warm baked beans onto bread; serve.
- This is messy, so be prepared.
i grew on baked bean sammies, but we added bacon and topped with cheese and tossed under the broiler. Hmmm... I think I will have one for lunch!