Recipe by momaphet
posted for ZWT A simple dessert popular in Honduras and other Latin American countries. The baking time is a guess as I haven't made this yet.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
We enjoyed this baked banana dessert. The outcome was a little soupy -- not sure if I did something wrong as I did cut the recipe in half. Served this desert with vanilla ice creat and it was very tasty.
- 6 bananas
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- milk (enough to cover the bananas)
- ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the bananas in halves. Butter a baking dish thoroughly, and place the bananas flat in them. Sprinkle the sugar mixed with the cinnamon over the bananas, and don’t move them.
- Pour the milk over the banans until they are all covered , cut butter into little cubes and scattered all over the bananas, cover with foil.
- Place baking dish on a edged baking sheet in case millk cooks over, bake with foil on for the first five minutes, then uncover and let the cook until brown on top.
- This dessert can be served hot or cool with vanilla cream on the side, or on it's own.