Recipe by Chef David Marion(alton brown wannabe)
I wanted a simple baked donut recipe, and created this recipe from a couple of other recipes. My wife found Petit Donut Baking pans (they are about the size of the Hostess Mini-donuts). I bring powdered sugar in a shaker for those that want extra sweetness, however I don't taste a difference.
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- place dry ingredients thru cinnamon in a food processor in order and process until everything is mixed into a fine powder.
- start with brown sugar thru vanilla extract, place in a large bowl and completely mix to a smooth texture.
- add dry to wet and mix until completely moistened, do not over mix.
- spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray, place @ 1 teaspoon of dough into donut pan. try to keep no more than 2/3 full.
- bake for 12 minutes (I do one pan at a time) cool on a wire rack.