Incredible & Easy Raised Donuts
These donuts are easy to make and only need to rise for 30 minutes. There are so yummy, I bet you can't eat just one, or two.
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 g) packages fast rising yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (use More if too sticky)
- cooking oil (for frying)
- Mix yeast, water and sugar.
- Wait until bubbles form in mixture.
- Add egg, butter, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and flour.
- Mix to form dough.
- Knead dough for 1 minute.
- Roll out and cut out donuts.
- Allow to rise for 30 minutes on floured surface.
- Fry in oil until golden brown. Oil should be approximately 390°F.
- Coat in cinnamon & sugar mixture or your favorite topping.
- These freeze very well after they have fully cooled, if there are any left.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband found this recipe. Because it was a raised donut and said a 30 minute rest time I gave it a whirl. The first few were good, but when I had to wad up the leftover dough from cutting the first batch, patted it to about 1 inch and let that dough rest another 10-15 minutes I got heavenly soft, delicious donuts! I substituted 1/2 tsp of cardamom in place of the cinnamon. I used instant rise yeast and sifted a little extra flour over the sticky dough. Just enough flour added when incorporated in the dough it felt like baby flesh. Hot oil is a must, but not any hotter than 390°. Really good homemade donuts! If your donuts are flat and tasteless probably you added too much flour and overworked the dough for only a 30 minute rest. I live at 5,000ft elevation if that helps to adjust what may help you if you give it another try.Reply
I make these doughnuts all the time and they always turn out great. I let them rise a little more than 30min in the oven with the light on. I usually have to add extra flour so they don’t stick to the parchment paper I rise them on, but too much flour makes them flat and heavy. I roll them in cinnamon sugar right out of the oil and they disappear in no time!1Reply
see 39 more