Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderfully grown-up macaroni and cheese. Great served with a salad and bread or steamed peas or broccoli.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 pinches nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) package cheese tortellini, prepared
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Prepare tortellini or other favorite pasta slightly al dente in salted water. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Warm butter and cream in a sauce pan until butter is melted. Add parmesan cheese and spices.
- Pour pasta into a 2qt casserole dish with a lid. Pour alfredo sauce over pasta and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan and bread crumbs over pasta and cover.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until top is brown and crusty.
this was amazing and since im 12 my family thought i was amazing... thanx for the best dinner!!!
Awesome and so, so easy! I used spinach/cheese tortellini then followed directions exactly. I served it at a dinner for 18 people on vacation together at a lake house so doubled the recipe and also made a large lasagna. There were some leftovers that were greatly appreciated for lunch the next day. It reheated well and the sauce didn't break apart like sometimes happens with alfredo. Thank you so much for a recipe we will enjoy again and again!
We really enjoed this recipe, I too used fresh garlic, we ate this with steamed broccoli and fresh baked bread. Thanks for a great recipe!