Recipe by Kree
This recipe is posted in response to a request for ways to use acorn squash. I've never tried it, but it looks excellent! I got it from Jackie Manni at The Post Punk Kitchen (a website of vegan recipes). I'm sorry the amounts aren't more specific, but this is what she posted!
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 little water
- 2 apples, cored and sliced thin
- canola oil
- maple syrup
- pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Put a little water in a baking pan; place the halves face down and bake for 1/2 hour.
- Then, take it out and put the sliced apples in the middle (some will fall over the sides, it's okay); drizzle with canola oil and maple syrup, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake for another 1/2 hour to 40 minutes (until the apples are soft and browning).
- Put your acorn squash halves in individual plates; scoop up the stray apples and stray maple syrup and spoon over the squash.