Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is posted in response to a request for ways to use acorn squash. I've never tried it, but it looks excellent! I got it from Jackie Manni at The Post Punk Kitchen (a website of vegan recipes). I'm sorry the amounts aren't more specific, but this is what she posted!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Put a little water in a baking pan; place the halves face down and bake for 1/2 hour.
- Then, take it out and put the sliced apples in the middle (some will fall over the sides, it's okay); drizzle with canola oil and maple syrup, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
- Bake for another 1/2 hour to 40 minutes (until the apples are soft and browning).
- Put your acorn squash halves in individual plates; scoop up the stray apples and stray maple syrup and spoon over the squash.
Very good but a little sweet - alomost a dessert. I added dried bing cherries and celery.
So Yummy, Great way to fix Acorn Squash. We love acorn squash the apples,maple syurp and pumkin pie spices sure add a lot of flavor. The recipe is sure a keeper, DH loved it.
I really like this. I didn't even use the maple syrup. I also used olive oil. The leftovers reheated well. Thank you