Spiced Baked Acorn Squash
Wonderfully rich and full of beta carotene! These are available year-round, so you don't have to wait for the harvest season to enjoy them! :)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Halve squash and remove seeds and pulp; rinse.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar, and a pinch nutmeg to each half.
- Dot each half with butter and drizzle a tsp.
- of brandy over top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45-90 minutes, or until squash is tender (time depends on size of squash, really).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I bought the squash and then didn't feel up to cooking that evening. My hubby did the cooking. He did a wonderful job. We didn't have the brandy, so he subbed with rum. A medium squash took about an hour to bake. It was soooo yummy! We loved the spices. They were a perfect balance with the squash and other ingredients. We will be making this again and again! Thanks so much, Sue Lau!