Recipe by Mary Jenny
Sometimes the convenience of ordering-in is hugely enticing. This recipe fills the home with that mouth-watering restaurant-style rotisserie chicken aroma. Paired with rice and broccoli, this makes a delicious meal for the whole family.
- 8 chicken legs
- maggi seasoning, so juicy rotisserie
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup converted white rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- • Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) or 320°F (160°C) for convection oven. Place the chicken legs into the bag with the sliced spring onions and follow the cooking instructions on the pack.
- • In a large, dry, frying pan, toast the cashew nuts gently, stirring frequently until golden, then transfer to a plate.
- • Cook rice according to pack instructions and set aside (covered).
- • Heat half the oil in the same pan and stir fry the broccoli until tender. Transfer into a bowl and keep covered.
- • Heat the remaining oil and add the beaten egg to the pan, cooking like an omelette and breaking it up into pieces.
- • Add the rice to the pan with the broccoli and cashew nuts, reheat until piping hot then serve with the chicken.