Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Baja Fish Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red cabbage, sliced thin (about 1/4 head)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 lbs halibut fillets, cut into 2-inch x 1-inch pieces
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 cup fresh salsa
- lime wedge, for serving
- In a medium pot, heat about 3 inches of oil over medium low heat (about 375 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, toss cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey and mayonnaise; season with salt.
- Warm tortillas in a dry skillet, over medium low heat, or wrap in a damp cloth and microwave 25 seconds; keep warm.
- Season flour with chili powder, salt and pepper in a shallow dish; dredge fish pieces in seasoned flour.
- Fry fish, in batches, until golden and just cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes; drain on paper toweling and season with salt.
- Halve the avocado, remove pit, peel and slice.
- To serve: fill tortilla with fish, avocado slices, top with slaw, then a little fresh salsa; serve with lime slices.