Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A decadent dessert to make for company when you haven't got a lot of time. These really need to 'set' for at least 4-5 hours before serving (so they're an ideal make-ahead), and life can be made even simpler by using a good-quality, purchased pound cake.
- In a medium bowl, beat all custard ingredients, except for chocolate, until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in the grated chocolate.
- To assemble parfaits: In a tall parfait or sundae glass, pour a tablespoonful or so of the custard.
- Top with a few cubes of pound cake.
- Repeat this procedure, layering custard and pound cake, until you have as many layers as the glass can hold, ending with a custard layer.
- Cover tops with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 hours to 'set'.
- Top with chocolate curls.
Made this for an early St. Patty's dinner. I made major changes though so my rating is based on my changes. I used the mint chocolate flavored Bailey's, did not add the chocolate into the custard mix and then used brownies rather than pound cake. Two of us loved the results (me being one of them) and two found it a little too rich, which is why I gave it four stars. It definitely makes more than four servings. I made four good sized parfaits and then had enough to make 27 shot glass sized ones to take to a party the next day.
This is sooo good - I have a hard time keeping my spoon out of the custard and waiting until company arrives! Thank you!
These were very good, definitely a good dessert for company. I followed the advice about whipping the cream cheese first and it worked out great. I had some of the custard leftover and put it in the freezer. I would say this makes more than 4 servings.