A decadent dessert to make for company when you haven't got a lot of time. These really need to 'set' for at least 4-5 hours before serving (so they're an ideal make-ahead), and life can be made even simpler by using a good-quality, purchased pound cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup baileys' irish cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 4 -5 slices of thick poundcake, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup chocolate curls (approximately)
- 1In a medium bowl, beat all custard ingredients, except for chocolate, until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- 2Fold in the grated chocolate.
- 3To assemble parfaits: In a tall parfait or sundae glass, pour a tablespoonful or so of the custard.
- 4Top with a few cubes of pound cake.
- 5Repeat this procedure, layering custard and pound cake, until you have as many layers as the glass can hold, ending with a custard layer.
- 6Cover tops with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 hours to 'set'.
- 7Top with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bailey's Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.3
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.1 mg
- Sodium 309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: