This is the cat's Meow! I know you are saying there are already a lot of recipes on this site for the same thing, I researched them before posting mine and this one is just a little different so here it is. Everyone I have ever served this to absolutely goes beserk over the taste and says it's as good as the real thing. It's so much cheaper too! I found this on an internet site, but can't remember which one, it was to long and to many fifths ago!! You can easily double the recipe.
- 1 cup whiskey (inexpensive middle of the road is okay)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (Torani brand almond syrup is a wonderful replacement if you can find it in your area)
- In blender, combine all ingredients; blend until smooth.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator up to one month. (It won't last that long!) Shake bottle well before serving, and return remaining liqueur to refrigerator.
- Note: Use only Grade A, uncracked eggs.
I have made this recipe 3 times and getting ready to make the 4th time. First batch I went by the recipe. My hubby thought it was too thick for his taste (he just uses in coffee). So - instead of adding the eggs I left them out and only used 1/4 tsp almond extract. We love it!! Also - I used half/half the 2nd and 3rd time (all I had) and turned out great! Thanks
Not Bailey's Irish Cream, but still a good recipe. I would have rated this recipe with 4 stars but since I altered the recipe slightly it could have been the change that I made that cause a slight difference. I am not a fan of eating totally raw eggs so I combine my cream and eggs in a double boiler and whisked them for about 10 minutes to get the eggs at least slightly cooked, plus I had to strain so that I would not have any cooked pieces of eggs. The color and consistency is true to Bailey's, thick and smooth. Overall this is better than most Irish Creams you can buy. I've been drinking Bailey's in my coffee for many years, and nothing I've had so far has the same exact taste. This is not cheap to make for 33 ounces, but well worth the $8-$10 I spent on purchasing most of the ingredients. I will make this again because it is good stuff.
Just made for the 2nd time in as many weeks. So glad I found the recipe after 15 yrs! I used 1/2 & 1/2 left out the eggs and only 1/4tsp almond....makes coffee yummy on chilly winter weekends in MN. Thanks Tweeky :)