This is the best, moistest cake I've made from scratch. It's always requested for at work and/or family gatherings.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup bailey irish cream
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup bailey irish cream (or more to taste - I tend to use 1/8 cup!!)
- Cake: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg, oil, buttermilk, liqueur, coffee together.
- Add to the dry ingredients; beat together for about 3 minutes.
- Pour into greased/floured 10" springform pan or 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutues for the springform or 25 to 30 minutes for the 9x13- or until done.
- Frosting: beat ingredients together until stiff.
- Turn cake out onto a plate and frost with whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate curls.