Recipe by Debbie R.
This is from recipeisland.com They noted that Bahamians usually soak this in lime juice the day before, as well, for a fuller flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut up (if preferred you may use all breast etc, can go up to 2 pounds of chicken)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice 1/2 teaspoon thyme (2-3 limes, or Old Sour)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat oil; add chicken and onion. Squeeze the juice from 2-3 limes over chicken or substitute Old Sour if a spicier flavour preferred. Add thyme. Simmer chicken 30-40 minutes until fork tender and no longer red. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- Note: if you use all breast meat, it might take less time. Likewise, if you use more chicken, it might take more time. Keep an eye on it.