Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Rum, shrimps, pineapple...Just a few of the great flavors in this dish that remind you of a relaxing Summer vacation in the Islands :) I often adjust one of my recipes ( Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs in Honey-Soy Marinade ) that I posted a while ago. But since it doesn't really resemble the original anymore I thought I'd post it as a seperate recipe. I never really measure when I cook, so these measurements are only estimates. You have to adjust the amounts depending on how spicy or sweet you like your shrimps. I get the best results using fresh ginger and lime juice but bottled works too. (Cook time includes marinating time) The perfect side dish would be Tropical Rice
- Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl or zip top bag.
- Add all the spices, mix well, taste and adjust ingredients. Set a small amount of the marinade aside for basting later on.
- Add the shrimps, pineapple and veggies. Marinate in fridge for at least 3 hours.The longer the better.
- Put shrimps, pineapple and veggies onto skewers. If you use wooden ones, first soak them in lemon water to prevent burning.
- Grill on the BBQ for 12-15 minutes or until done. Keep turning and basting with the marinade you set aside earlier.
Sooo good!! Cut the recipe in half and omitted the red pepper (personal taste). Since my grill is buried in snow, I broiled these and reduced the marinade down on the stove top to make like a glaze that I basted the skewers with. Will try again when I can get to the grill; may also try with Malibu Rum (my favorite!) Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag February 2010.
Easy and tasty shrimp recipe! Loved the combination of spices with the lime and rum. I left out the onion, otherwise made as specified and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very interesting and delicious shrimp skewers which we enjoyed with fruit salad. Thanks for sharing!