1/2 Photos of Bahama Shrimp Skewers
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Rum, shrimps, pineapple...Just a few of the great flavors in this dish that remind you of a relaxing Summer vacation in the Islands :) I often adjust one of my recipes ( Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs in Honey-Soy Marinade ) that I posted a while ago. But since it doesn't really resemble the original anymore I thought I'd post it as a seperate recipe. I never really measure when I cook, so these measurements are only estimates. You have to adjust the amounts depending on how spicy or sweet you like your shrimps. I get the best results using fresh ginger and lime juice but bottled works too. (Cook time includes marinating time) The perfect side dish would be Tropical Rice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl or zip top bag.
- 2Add all the spices, mix well, taste and adjust ingredients. Set a small amount of the marinade aside for basting later on.
- 3Add the shrimps, pineapple and veggies. Marinate in fridge for at least 3 hours.The longer the better.
- 4Put shrimps, pineapple and veggies onto skewers. If you use wooden ones, first soak them in lemon water to prevent burning.
- 5Grill on the BBQ for 12-15 minutes or until done. Keep turning and basting with the marinade you set aside earlier.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bahama Shrimp Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 258.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 24.9 g