I have been making this recipe for years, for my friends and family. It's always a hit at parties.I have looked on the web for the original recipe but can't find it and I can't find it, so I'm posting my version. enjoy! WARNING I like it HOT!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash shrimp and set aside in a bowl, starting an assembly line.
- Cut bacon in half vertically, place on a plate.
- Cut and peel onion into wedges and separate, place in a bowl.
- Wash Jalapenos,slice into thirds, lengthwise, removing seeds.place in a bowl.
- Start assembly with a shrimp, a slice of Jalapeno, and a slice of onion. Holding all in your hand, wrap bacon around and secure with a wooded toothpick. Repeat with each shrimp.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place in the oven and roast until bacon is slightly crisp. Roasting time may be adjusted.
These little buggers are deliciously addicting! I actually had to smack hands away so I could get a photo haha. I quartered my jalapenos because mine were huge, used red onion, and sprinkled them with Tony Chachere's Spicy seasoning. Excellent!