We love this easy grilling recipe, and so does everyone we serve it to. We usually marinate it in Nick's awesome pork tenderloin marinade, but also have made the basic grilling method with no marinade, sprinkling the tenderloins with seasoned black pepper. These can also be placed on a rack and broiled in the oven. (Note: Cooking time does not include marinating time.)
- 2 (1 -1 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin (1-1 1/2# ea.)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 lb thick sliced bacon
- Marinate tenderloins in Recipe #70178 as directed or sprinkle tenderloins lightly with seasoned pepper.
- Wrap tenderloins with bacon slices, securing with toothpicks.
- Preheat right-side burners set to medium or use regular grill with coals set to one side.
- With drip-pan (we use throw-away small aluminum pan) place pork loins over indirect heat. OR, place on broiling pan and broil in oven.
- Grill covered, turning every so often until bacon is brown and cooked on all sides.
- When bacon is cooked and brown pork tenderloins should be done -- usually in 20 to 30 minutes. Recommended internal temperature is 155 dg., but we've never bought one!
- After meat is done, remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and cut in 1" to 1 1/2" slices and serve, still wrapped in bacon.