My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (80 percent lean)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (Sriracha sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots or 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, split and toasted
- fried pickled vegetables
- 2Line a microwave-safe plate with paper towels. Arrange six of the bacon slices in a single layer; cover with paper towels. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until partially cooked. Drain on paper towels; cool. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl stir together brown sugar, coffee, and garlic powder. Add mixture to the bag. Seal bag; shake to coat bacon. Set aside. Repeat with remaining bacon and remaining brown sugar mixture.
- 4Season beef with salt and pepper to taste, Shape beef into six 3/4-inch-thick patties. Wrap two slices of coated bacon around the each patty; secure bacon ends together with wooden toothpicks. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- 5COLE SLAW:.
- 6in a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, Sriracha sauce, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add cabbage, carrot, onion, and parsley, stirring to coat. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 7TO GRILL:.
- 8For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place patties on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 16 to 18 minutes or until done (160 degrees F to 165 degrees F)* and bacon is crisp. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Cover and grill as above.).
- 9TO FINISH.
- 10Place burgers on bun bottoms. Top each patty with coleslaw and Fried Pickles. Add bun tops.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Wrapped Burger With Fried Pickles & Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 613.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce