Recipe by loof
An easy-to-make and tasty appetizer. Make lots - they'll go fast!
Top Review by Christopher S.
I have been making this reciepe for years as a Christmas treat! they are yummy and very tasteful at any occasion. The only downside is that they arent the healthiest snack in the pantry. In fact I also call them the hand held heart attack.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each bacon strip in half.
- Cook bacon just until transparent; drain well and pat with paper towels to remove grease. If you are using the "ready-to-eat" bacon, you can skip this step.
- Cook sausage in a skillet and drain well.
- Mix cream cheese into sausage until well blended.
- Trim the crust off of the bread and cut each slice in half.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto bread and roll up jelly-roll style.
- Wrap each bread roll with a piece of the bacon and skewer with a toothpick.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.