Recipe by Cricketcanada
This delicious chowder came from my boyfriend's mother. The taste of the bacon really adds to the flavor..hope you like as we do.
Top Review by The Amazing Christy!
This was FABULOUS. I only had thick sliced bacon so I used 5 slices of bacon. I also thought I had potatoes, but alas I did not so I guess mine was more of a soup. I also did not add additional salt since recipe calls for 2 cans of soup, and I added a bay leaf. Otherwise I kept to the recipe. As the cook I couldn't stop "testing" during cooking. I almost couldn't eat during dinner, but I "managed" to make room (haha). DH has requested it be added to our soup suppers. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 10 slices bacon (diced)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups mushrooms (canned or fresh)
- 3 cups potatoes (diced)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot,fry bacon- set aside.
- With bacon drippings, fry onions until clear, add mushrooms. Stir for about 5 minute Add chicken stock and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender. Return bacon to pot.
- Just before serving add milk, salt and pepper,to taste,and mushroom soup. Stir well and serve.