Recipe by JustJanS
We call these rolls, rather than sandwiches (which are ONLY made with bread). This makes a nice brunch or lunch on the weekend.
Top Review by MrsSPheonix
Who doesn't love a bacon & egg roll! These were delicious :-) I would normally make ours with just egg & bacon (I know, how dull!) but this was really a BLT (Bacon, lettuce & tomato) with the additions of egg, cheese & avocado. We like the Hungarian rolls from Baker's Delight (crusty, with a Parmesan & black pepper topping) but any crusty roll would do. I use cos because that seems more available than romaine. I will also leave off the tomato, unless they are lovely, ripe & full of flavour. No sauce for me, but otherwise the perfect handheld breakfast or brunch. Thanks!!!
- 2 crusty continental-type bread rolls (buns)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices extra sharp tasty cheese
- 2 slices bacon, halved and cooked
- 2 eggs, fried to your liking
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- barbecue sauce (or ketchup)