Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We call these rolls, rather than sandwiches (which are ONLY made with bread). This makes a nice brunch or lunch on the weekend.
- 2 crusty continental-type bread rolls (buns)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices extra sharp tasty cheese
- 2 slices bacon, halved and cooked
- 2 eggs, fried to your liking
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- barbecue sauce (or ketchup)
- Split the bread rolls, and spread the bottom with mayonaisse.
- Now, divide the ingredients to make two rolls and layer in the order given.
- Eat straight away!
Who doesn't love a bacon & egg roll! These were delicious :-) I would normally make ours with just egg & bacon (I know, how dull!) but this was really a BLT (Bacon, lettuce & tomato) with the additions of egg, cheese & avocado. We like the Hungarian rolls from Baker's Delight (crusty, with a Parmesan & black pepper topping) but any crusty roll would do. I use cos because that seems more available than romaine. I will also leave off the tomato, unless they are lovely, ripe & full of flavour. No sauce for me, but otherwise the perfect handheld breakfast or brunch. Thanks!!!
Oh boy is this filling, I just couldn't quite get through the last couple of bites but I really enjoyed for lunch. Thank Jan for a great yummy lunch, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipe.
Good one Jan! The avocado slices were a nice touch I hadn't tried before in an egg and bacon roll. I didn't have any sharp cheese in the Eski so sprinkled with some regular grated tasty before serving.