The incredible, edible egg.
Make and share this Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- See cooking notes below.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, lifting and folding eggs until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from pan. Clean skillet.
- Spread remaining 2 teaspoons butter evenly on one side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- COOKING NOTES:.
- Avoid cast iron. Eggs scrambled in a cast iron skillet can turn a greenish shade. This harmless but unappealing color change is the result of a chemical reaction between iron in the pan and sulfur in egg whites.
- Don't overcook. The heat retained in the pan will continue to cook and firm up the eggs after pan is removed from heat.
- How long to beat is a matter of preference. Light beating produces more dense scrambled eggs. Vigorous beating aerates the eggs, resulting in lighter fluffier curds.
Very good breakfast sandwich. I often make breakfast sandwiches, but I make mine with ham and a fried egg with american cheese and mayo on toast. This made for a nice change of pace. I think next time I am going to spread some mayo on the bread before grilling the sandwich. Made for Aug 2010 Aus/NZ Swap.
The DM and I thoroughly enjoyed this for breakfast this morning though I did make it as an open sandwich as we are restricted to 1 slice of wholemeal/wholegrain bread for breakfast - I toasted the slice in the toaster and lightly buttered it and then topped the scrambled egg, cooked bacon (done in the oven) and a slice of vintage cheddar and a little freshly ground black pepper and put under the grill/broiler till the cheese was melted and bubbly. Thank you gailanng for a great breakfast, made for New Kid on the Block.
Delicious! Cheddar jack cheese was great with the bacon and egg. I used the ready-to-eat bacon so this was a breeze to put together. Thanks for sharing the recipe!