Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
- 6 large plum tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
- Drain tomatoes well, pressing between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large oven-proof skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in reserved hot drippings 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add asparagus, and saute 1 minute.
- Beat eggs, seasoned salt, and pepper at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until foamy; stir in sour cream.
- Pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Reserve 1/4 cup bacon; stir in remaining bacon, parsley, and 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Cook over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs begin to set around edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove frittata from oven, and top with tomato slices, reserved 1/4 cup bacon, and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until frittata appears to be set.