Asparagus & Zucchini Frittata
photo by BarbryT
- Ready In:
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, slightly more is fine
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons light cream or 2 tablespoons light cream, is fine
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C; sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil and lemon juice until just softened; layer the vegetables in an ovenproof dish, sprinkling the rosemary (or your choice of herbs) and walnuts on top of your first layer of vegetables.
- Combine the eggs, cream, cheese and seasoning and pour over the vegetables.
- Bake for 40 minutes and serve with salad greens.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
There are elements of this that I love and some that are discordant, so I am not noting stars this time. Although rosemary is my favorite herb, I learned here that I don't like it with eggs. The addition of walnuts is brilliant...just wonderful. I would have preferred my potatoes more thinly sliced than I had them (which was about 3/8 of an inch). The major issue I had was uncertainty about the pan size. The amount of vegetables prompted me to use a baking dish about 10x10 inches and the 4 eggs (plus cream and cheese) didn't come close to the top...neither did 6 eggs. I do plan to make this again, with some adjustments.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!