Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We broiled these in the oven a few weeks ago. They turned out great, but took about 10 minutes longer to cook. We are having them this week on the bbq. I cut back on the salt to 1/4 tsp.
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil, coriander or 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- Lightly oil grill. Heat barbecue to medium.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl.
- Crumble in beef.
- Sprinkle with onion, basil, cumin, paprika, cayenne, salt and ground coriander.
- Using your hands or a large wooden spoon, mix just until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Shape into 4 burgers about 3/4 inch thick.
- Grill with lid closed until firm when pressed and well done, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Serve in warm pitas topped with honey-mustard mayonnaise, cucumber, tomato and watercress or spinach.
I made these and froze them, and thawed them, hetaed them up in the oven and served them on panini bread with garlic drssing, lettuce, tomato and onion. My dad was over for dinner, and both he, me the kids and my husband LOVED these! We are all Greek ffod fanatic after many trips to greece, so these really hit the spot. Thanks!