Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Italian MIL was thoroughly impressed by my non-italian treatment of her olives. They are great appetizers and condiments to your fav pasta.(From the Vancouver Sun) ps. cook time include fridge time
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 cup green olives
- 1 cup ripe olives
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 red chile, seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toast the fennel seeds and lightly crush them.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl, stir well.
- Cover and leave to marinate.
- Keep refrigerated and use within 1 to 2 days.
The fennel and garlic were a bit overpowering, I might try lowering the amount next time....