Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Everyone who has tasted this has said it is one of the best spinach artichoke dips they have ever had. It does not skimp on the calories, fat, or flavor. This recipe makes a large pan that will serve a gathering of people, but don't expect to have much left over. It can be eaten cold, but it is best served warm, with tortilla chips, or spread on bagels.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 3 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1 quart sour cream
- 1 quart parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or other favorite hot sauce, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Thaw and drain the frozen spinach. Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach. Drain the artichoke hearts and pulse them lightly in a food processor, or chop them by hand. Mix spinach and artichokes with mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, and tabasco sauce. Mix in kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Mixture will be thick. Spread into 9x13 glass baking dish, and bake for 45 minutes, or until top starts to brown. Remove from oven. Allow dip to cool slightly before eating.