Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had so many hot peppers, so I put this recipe together. It is simple but good.
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons canning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- jalapeno pepper
- For the brine: combine vinegar, water, salt and oregano. Bring to boil.
- Wash peppers and place in jar. (I use them whole, but you can slice them, just wear gloves).
- Cover pepper with brine, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Put on clean lid and seal. Process in water bath for 15 minutes.
- If you want to spice it up you can add a garlic clove to each jar.
i have been making this recipe for the past 3 years -- i absolutely love it - i always put some garlic & a habanero pepper in each jar. the habanero pepper adds so much more heat to the jalapenos. ***** 5 stars or more
Great, simple recipe.
Simple, but sooooo good! I dropped a cracked garlic clove into each of my jars prior to packing the peppers. The flavor is amazing, and my first batch was a mix of hot banana and jalapenos. The photo I submitted was from my second batch; I did 5 half-pints of jalapenos and 3 pints of hot bananas. These are going to be so good in salads, Mexican dishes, burritos, and anywhere you want a little heat. Still have peppers coming off the plants so will probably do another batch or two.