Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very awesome! I like making them into individual muffin tins because you can have individual slices readily available and great for kids.
- THE CRUST:
- Use two forks, a pastry cutter or food processor to cut the butter together until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add just enough liquid so the dough will hold together. Make it into a ball then roll it out onto a floured cutting board.
- Place into a 9 inch pie pan or the individual muffin cups.
- THE FILLING:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- melt 1 tsp of butter or oil in a small pan. Add the onions, saute for a few minutes then add mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme.
- and mustard. Saute for about 5 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the eggs, milk and flour in a blender. Beat well.
- Spread the grated cheese on the bottom of the unbaked crust and then spread the onion-mushroom mixture on top. Pour the egg/milk mixture
- over the top and the sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until pie is solid in the middle. Less time for individual quiches.