Recipe by aneunayme
This stuff is SO good! It's a recipe I got from my grandmother. Fast and SUPER easy to make. And it never stays around long! You can substitute a large Hershey's bar or Hershey's kisses if you don't have chips on hand. Substitute almonds, cashews or walnuts to change it up a little if you like. Number of servings depends on how big you break the pieces.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb real unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle nuts onto 11X17 cookie sheet (I usually spray the cookie sheet with non-stick spray before I start - just in case).
- Spread your chocolate evenly over the nuts and set the pan aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients in an iron skillet and cook on high to 300°F, about 8-10 minutes or until it forms a brittle ball when dropped into cold water, and stir constantly.
- Quickly pour mixture evenly over the chocolate.
- Let stand 5 minutes so chocolate has a chance to melt before placing in fridge.
- leave refrigerated until the chocolate is completely cooled - at least 2.5 - 3 hours.
- Break into pieces and store in airtight container.
- Will last several weeks when kept in the freezer.