Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up myself. I sort of remembered a recipe for cheese enchiladas my mother had given me, but I couldn't find it. So I started throwing stuff together and this is what I came up with. YUM!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce (divided)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 (14 ounce) package flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Brown ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat with onion.
- Add the chilies, garlic, and seasoning until thoroughly cooked.
- Add 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, green chilies, minced garlic, Old Bay seasoning, cream cheese, and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of each of the shredded cheeses.
- Spoon filling onto tortillas; roll up and place seam-side down in lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
Thank you so so much sharing this recipe Emmy. The men in this house love mexican and so this was just perfect. The only thing I omitted was the green chilies. I am sure to making this again and soon. Rich, satisfying and filling for all!! Made for Spring PAC 08'.~