Recipe by EmmyLynn
I made this up myself. I sort of remembered a recipe for cheese enchiladas my mother had given me, but I couldn't find it. So I started throwing stuff together and this is what I came up with. YUM!
Top Review by CoffeeB
Thank you so so much sharing this recipe Emmy. The men in this house love mexican and so this was just perfect. The only thing I omitted was the green chilies. I am sure to making this again and soon. Rich, satisfying and filling for all!! Made for Spring PAC 08'.~
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce (divided)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (divided)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 (14 ounce) package flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Brown ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat with onion.
- Add the chilies, garlic, and seasoning until thoroughly cooked.
- Add 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce, green chilies, minced garlic, Old Bay seasoning, cream cheese, and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of each of the shredded cheeses.
- Spoon filling onto tortillas; roll up and place seam-side down in lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.