1/1 Photo of Awesome Easy Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
7 hrs 10 mins
Hi, just threw this together this morning with what I had on hand. Turned out so very good and cheesy! You can adjust everything to taste if you wish. This is very mild for a Mexican dish. I hope that you enjoy this as much as I did! Thanks so much!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make my chicken, I put 5 drumsticks (frozen) in the crock pot on low with the 2 cans of Rotel.
- 2These cooked for 7 hours when the chicken was nice and tender. I took out the bones and put it in a bowl with 1 cup of the cheese, the onions, and a little of the tomato mixture from the crock pot.
- 3Now, take the 6 corn tortillas, spread a thin layer of the shortening on them, place them on a microwave safe plate and cook for about 1 minute (until they are warm and soft).
- 4Take 1 tortilla and put 2-3 spoonfuls of the chicken/cheese mixture in it, then roll the tortilla like a cigar, and place it seam side down in your pan (I used a 1 1/2 quart pan--you can use a larger one if you are doubling the recipe) continue previous step with the rest of your tortillas.
- 5Mix 1/4 cup of crock pot tomato mixture with your sour cream.
- 6Pour this mixture over your enchiladas.
- 7top with the rest of your cheese.
- 8cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Easy Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.8 mg
- Sodium 814.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 21.8 g