Recipe by Loves2Teach
Hi, just threw this together this morning with what I had on hand. Turned out so very good and cheesy! You can adjust everything to taste if you wish. This is very mild for a Mexican dish. I hope that you enjoy this as much as I did! Thanks so much!
Top Review by QueenBee49444
When I asked my hubby and son for their opinion they both said it's ok. I made nine enchiladas, I ate one and when we cleared the table the pan was empty. I guess "it's ok" means Yes! this tastes good. This was so easy to prepare and tasted great. I will definitely use this method again to cook chicken for other shredded chicken recipes, too. Thanks.
- 2 cups cheese (I used Monterey Jack or cheddar)
- 5 frozen chicken drumsticks (2 cups chicken)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (or 2 cans chopped tomatoes, 2 cans of green chiles)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (i used green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- To make my chicken, I put 5 drumsticks (frozen) in the crock pot on low with the 2 cans of Rotel.
- These cooked for 7 hours when the chicken was nice and tender. I took out the bones and put it in a bowl with 1 cup of the cheese, the onions, and a little of the tomato mixture from the crock pot.
- Now, take the 6 corn tortillas, spread a thin layer of the shortening on them, place them on a microwave safe plate and cook for about 1 minute (until they are warm and soft).
- Take 1 tortilla and put 2-3 spoonfuls of the chicken/cheese mixture in it, then roll the tortilla like a cigar, and place it seam side down in your pan (I used a 1 1/2 quart pan--you can use a larger one if you are doubling the recipe) continue previous step with the rest of your tortillas.
- Mix 1/4 cup of crock pot tomato mixture with your sour cream.
- Pour this mixture over your enchiladas.
- top with the rest of your cheese.
- cover with foil and cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.