1/3 Photos of Awesome Almond Scones
I have no idea where I got this recipe, but it is awesome! I love almond in anything and they go together quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, almond paste and almonds in food processor.
- 4Pulse until mixture has the consistency of coarse crumbs. Put in a large bowl.
- 5Whisk together egg, egg yolk and 2/3 cup cream until blended. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until dough just begins to hold together.
- 6Add dough to lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands, pat dough to 1/2" thickness.
- 7Cut scones using a 2" diameter heart-shaped cookie cutter or round biscuit cutter. Gather excess dough and repeat process. Place scones 3" apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 8Lightly brush surface of scones with remaining 2 tablespoons of cream.
- 9Bake 15-20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- 10Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- 11Now: I add about 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract or so to my cream and egg mixture. I do not cut these with a cookie cutter and re-roll. I usually just cut them in squares and then into triangles.
- 12I also freeze them on a wax-paper lined sheet for several hours before baking and add about 3-4 minutes to my baking time.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Almond Scones
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 158.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g