Award Winning Stuffed Baby Portabella Mushrooms (Cremini)
- STUFFING: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top off the heads of garlic,and place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the 2 sprigs of rosemary on top and wrap the foil around tightly.Roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Squeeze the pulp from the garlic heads into a bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup olive oil, chopped rosemary, lemon zest, juice from half the lemon, feta cheese, and garlic toast crumbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Note:Stuffing can be made a day ahead. However, do not mix toast crumbs into the mixture until ready to stuff.
- MUSHROOMS: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing, and wrap with a prosciutto slice. Place in a greased baking pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Put chicken stock in the dish to just cover the bottom. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Spoon pan juices over the mushrooms, re-cover and bake 10-15 minutes more. Baste again, then broil uncovered for 2-3 minutes until prosciutto is brown and crisp.