Sauteed Portabella and Cremini Mushrooms
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Halve portabellas& cut both portabellas and creminis in 1/4" slices.
- Chop shallots and cook half in half of the butter over moderate heat, stirring 1 min.
- Add portabellas and salt& pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 15 mins.
- Transfer to a bowl and keep warm, covered.
- Cook remaining shallots in remaining butter and add cremini, salt and pepper until mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 10 mins.
- Mix both mushrooms together and keep warm.
- Diagonally cut scallions into thin slices.
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Heat mushrooms over moderately high heat and add vinegar mixture.
- Boil mixture 3 mins, or until liquid is reduced slightly, and stir in scallions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very nice color and flavor to the finished mushrooms. I cut the recipe back to two servings with excellent results. The balsamic, soy & sugar give a rich brown color to the mushrooms and this is set off nicely with the sliced green onions. Served with stir fried yellow, red & green sweet peppers and Easy Omelet for one. Thanks Chill for an excellent recipe 27 Mar - don't know how the stars got missed the first time around but this is 5 star all the way!