Pepper Steaks in Crepes
Serve this delicious steak, albeit, non-conventional method, with onion rings, cremini mushrooms sauteed in red wine, parslied new potatoes, Suggested wine - Beaujolais Nouveau; Cabernet Sauvignon, or your favourite dry red vintage.
- Ready In:
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed white peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 4 ounces butter
- 6 ounces red wine
- 12 ounces 35% cream
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 8 ounces flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 ounces butter
- TO MAKE THE CREPES: Combine the flour, oil, salt and half the milk.
- Mix well.
- Beat in the remaining milk, a little at a time.
- Add the eggs and continue to beat until the batter is very smooth.
- Add freshly ground white pepper, parsley, chives and nutmeg and stir to blend thoroughly.
- Allow the batter to stand for ONE HOUR.
- Heat the butter in a pan and make 4 crepes, as required.
- TO PREPARE THE STEAK: Season the steaks with the crushed peppercorns.
- Fry in half the quantity of butter: length of time depending on personal preference.
- When ready, remove the steaks and keep warm.
- Pour off all the excess fat from the pan and add the red wine.
- Allow to boil until almost completely reduced.
- Lower heat, add the cream and continue to reduce by half.
- Add the remaining butter and the green peppercorns.
- Stir well, but do not allow the sauce to return to boil.
- When serving, wrap each steak in a crepe.
- Pour the sauce over the the"pouch" at the very last moment.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION