A very different dish, with an interesting combination of flavors. I found this recipe years ago when I had an abundance of avocados...sigh, those were the days. The extra toppings are your choice, I usually only use the peanuts and or bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 3 -4 avocados, halved and peeled
- 3 -4 cups cooked rice
- chopped hard-boiled eggs or crumbled bacon or sweet gherkins or coconut or raisins or peanuts
- 1Saute onion, apples, garlic and curry powder in butter until onion is crisp-tender.
- 2Stir in flour.
- 3Gradually add cream and broth.
- 4Cook and stir until sauce boils 1 minutes.
- 5Add salt, peper and chicken.
- 6Cook overl ow heat 10 minutes.
- 7Arrange avocado halves on rice in oven-proof serving dish.
- 8Heat in 350º oven for 5 minutes, just to heat avocado. (This can be skipped if you want the avocado room temp).
- 9Spoon chicken over avocado halves.
- 10Top with any toppings of your choice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado With Curried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.0
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.1 mg
- Sodium 890.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: