Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very different dish, with an interesting combination of flavors. I found this recipe years ago when I had an abundance of avocados...sigh, those were the days. The extra toppings are your choice, I usually only use the peanuts and or bacon.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 3 -4 avocados, halved and peeled
- 3 -4 cups cooked rice
- chopped hard-boiled eggs or crumbled bacon or sweet gherkins or coconut or raisins or peanuts
- Saute onion, apples, garlic and curry powder in butter until onion is crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually add cream and broth.
- Cook and stir until sauce boils 1 minutes.
- Add salt, peper and chicken.
- Cook overl ow heat 10 minutes.
- Arrange avocado halves on rice in oven-proof serving dish.
- Heat in 350º oven for 5 minutes, just to heat avocado. (This can be skipped if you want the avocado room temp).
- Spoon chicken over avocado halves.
- Top with any toppings of your choice.