Avocado Salad With Hearts of Palm
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- lettuce (green leafy, red, spinach, iceberg, romaine-your choice)
- 1 -2 avocado, diced
- 7 ounces canned hearts of palm, drained
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Arrange the lettuce on four small plates. Stir together the avocado, hearts of palm and onion in a small bowl. Stir in enough dressing to just wet the ingredients. Arrange in mounds atop the lettuce. Serve.