Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a large salad, will feed a crowd
- 4 large grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 4 large avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (great if you have left over from the seder)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or jar.
- Blend well and set aside.
- For the salad: combine the lettuces in a large salad bowl.
- Add the grapefruit, avocado, and onion.
- Toss gently.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing on top of the salad and toss.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds over the top of the salad and serve.