Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty salad dressing from the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Institute of Chicago, 1947. This dressing may be kept in the refrigerator for two or three days.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops red pepper sauce (Tabasco preferred)
- 3⁄4 cup avocado
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Peel, seed, and thoroughly mash avocado.
- Add lemon juice to milk and beat well.
- Add mashed avocado and remaining ingredients; beat well.