Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is rich and creamy, for mixed green salads. Minus the onions it can be used on fruit salads, especially citrus ones. This recipe comes from the American Century Cookbook.
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled and pureed
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fine minced scallions or 1 teaspoon onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- Mix all the ingredients, cover and refrigerate till use.
- Whisk well and use on green salad or fruit.