- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 dash dry sherry
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces crabmeat, flaked
- 2 avocados, medium size
- lemon juice, to brush on avocado to prevent discoloration
- 1 lemon, sliced, for garnish
- fresh chervil, sprigs for garnish (optional)
- pumpernickel bread, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the sauce, simply mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Fold the crabmeat into the sauce.
- Peel, pit and slice the avocados and brush the slices with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Arrange the avocados on 4 plates. Divide the crabmeat among the 4 plates evenly and garnish with lemon slices and chervil and serve with pumpernickel bread if desired.